North Hayling Recreational Hall was founded by William Hedger in 1925 when he, Tom Brown and Mrs Jane purse became the first Trustees of the Hall. The Hall is officially called the North Hayling Parish hall but over time it has changed. The land was purchased from Mr Alfred Harvey Brown for the sum of £95 in May of that year. It was officially opened on 16th September 1925. The trustees and some of the local people raised money to build the hall. They went with horse and cart around North and South Hayling raising money. Originally there was a voluntary membership which had members from North and South Hayling, the membership went towards paying for the original building of the hall. Eventually the membership was fazed out. Over the years extra money has been raised to add extensions to the original hall, resulting in what we have now. Today the the hall is still run by trustees with help from locals from all over the island.
Hall Hire Charges:
St Peters Road,North Hayling, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom PO11 0SB
09:00 – 23:30
Hall Trustees: Shirley Weatherley, Lil King, Graham North